Pettyjohn Electronics Chime Overdrive Pedal
Questions? >210-384-4303 or Email
Available from our dealers worldwide early June!
The Pettyjohn CHIME is the second release in the single pedal format, The Foundry Series, and it draws inspiration from the right channel of the flagship Signature overdrive, The PettyDrive. The CHIME is built with the same audiophile components as its predecessor so it retains the sweet, harmonically rich edge-of-breakup tones found in the original plus a new “Boost” knob for pushing the drive into totally new territory! The CHIME has been voiced to provide a large range of gain and tone shaping to compliment any playing style and be at home in any rig as a foundational part of a player’s sound. The CHIME transcends normal shortcomings of many overdrive pedals found on the market today, featuring a full, natural tonal range that allows your guitars tone and playing nuances to shine through while imparting sweetness, punch and depth with natural, musical harmonic presence and subtle natural compression often associated with cranked British style amps. Huge internal headroom and carefully selected parts contribute to an open tone with less harsh in-harmonic distortion artifacts then your average overdrive pedal. At times, you may even forget you have a pedal on as the sweet harmonics and saturation may just become a part of your core tone that you never want to plug-in without again!
- Wide Gain range with two interactive controls for adding Drive:
Gain: Features the Gain mod for 2.5x the original Chime’s gain on tap!
Boost: Pre-boost control with that adds extra presence and grit
- Clipping Selection: Three carefully designed Clipping options for a very wide range of break-up flavors. Yellow LED, Germanium Diodes and combo mode
- Low Cut Selection: Three carefully selected Low Cut frequencies interact with the gain control and clipping section to provide easy recall for different guitars, amps and even bass!
- Tilt EQ: An audiophile approach to tone control, the Tilt EQ circuit is carefully voiced to compliment the clipping options and utilizes Orange Drop tone caps for a musical sweetness not normally found in a pedal.
- High Performance Power: Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA
- Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal:
Burr Brown OPA input buffer
Classic TL072 and JRC4558 stages carefully implemented for warmth and feel
Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
Top Shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
Internally Direct Coupled stages for purest signal path possible
Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
Extremely Low Noise
- True Bypass Switching
- Box and Circuit Handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA