Bogner La Grange Overdrive Boost Pedal
The La Grange pedal is designed to emulate the famous British "Plexi" amplifiers from the mid 60's. The wide variety of controls and switches, give you decades of legendary plexi tones, all the way up to the era of the modded amps from the late 80's and throughout the 90's.
An independent boost function, with a level control, can be activated via it's own foot-switch to be either used as a stand alone boost, or together with the La Grange's main circuitry. Essentially two independent pedals, with the boost being in series after the La Grange!
Reinhold designed the La Grange pedal with an op-amp input, followed by five discrete Class A gain stages and incorporated Germanium diode clipping. This approach minimizes the input noise floor while retaining touch sensitivity and clarity throughout the entire gain range.
The La Grange pedal is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC regulated power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage to a substantially higher level. The higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of a real amplifier; therefore running the pedal above 9VDC will not improve dynamics and even can damage the circuit, therefore only use a regulated 9VDC power supply!
- True bypass
- Independent boost with level control
- Master Controls: volume, tone, channel blend and gain controls
- Channel Blend simulates the two channels of a four input 67-69 plexi amplifier
- 3 position gain switch for low (plexi), medium (normal) and high (modded) gain structure
- Variac mode for "brown sound", added dynamic compression with enhanced harmonics
- 2 position presence switch for overall brightness
- 3 position structure switch for a tight focused, fat loose or in between sound and feel
- Jacks: input, output and exp. for foot controllable gain via the output of a volume pedal.
- Low Battery Indicators: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
La Grange Pedal Features:
Class A gain stages with no op-amps or diode clipping
Volume, Tone, Channel Blend and Gain controls
Foot controllable independent boost with boost level control
3 position Gain structure switch for low, medium or high
2 position Variac switch > On/Off
2 position Presence switch > High/Low
3 position Structure switch > tight focused, loose and fat or in between
Input and output connectors
Exp connector to hook up a volume pedal to control a preset amount of gain*
Low battery indicator
9V battery powered
9VDC regulated power supply connector
Gold plated circuit boards and relays
German Wima and Japanese Nichicon capacitors
Carling footswitches switches
* 25K Volume pedal like Ernie Ball VPJR 25K #6181 works best!
DIMENSIONS and WEIGHTS: Are subject to change, footswitch and knobs add half an inch in height. 2" height 5.25" width 3.75" depth 1 pound 2 ounze