Gretsch Limited Edition G6136T "Azure" Falcon w/String-Thru Bigsby - Azure Metallic (396)
G6136T-AZM-LTD17 Limited Edition Falcon™ with String-Thru Bigsby®
- Limited Edition World Run of 75 Pieces
- Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
The G6136T Limited Edition Falcon™ with String-Thru Bigsby® offers all the classic Falcon elements, in an arresting Azure Metallic finish. Iconic style and richly robust Gretsch® tone cuts through a dense onstage mix, guaranteeing you’ll stand out from the pack, both sonically and visually.
A pair of TV Jones® Classic humbucking pickups graces the laminated maple body, providing pristine highs, glassy mids, stout lows and balanced harmonics for tone that blends well with other instruments, while retaining its unique voice. The control complement— separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup switching, no-load master tone and master volume—allows for infinite tonal variations. Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil caps add smooth vintage tone while the treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down. A 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays tops a maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing. The innovative Gretsch “ML” bracing is specifically voiced for this guitar, and delivers increased projection and airy openness from the thinner 2.25” body. A highly expressive Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and pinned “rocking” bar bridge combine with the GraphTech® TUSQ XL nut for stable tuning. In a uniquely Gretsch touch, the Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
The epitome of style, this Azure Metallic Limited Edition Falcon features gold hardware including Grover® Imperial™ die-cast tuning machines and jeweled "G-Arrow" control knobs, white neck binding, F Holes and vintage thick plexi pickguard in gold with Gretsch logo. Whether you are looking for a dependable workhouse or another classic beauty to add to your collection, the G6136T Limited Edition Falcon with String-Thru Bigsby proudly exhibits every bit of the splendor and sonic style that made the Falcons famous. Includes a deluxe hardshell.
G6136T Limited Edition Falcon™ with String-Thru Bigsby®
- Collection: Professional Collection
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 12.125” (308mm)
- Lower Bout: 17” (432mm)
- Waist: 10.375” (264mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (43mm)
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Ebony Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GP String-Thru Vibrato
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gold Gretsch Logo
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Jeweled "G-Arrow"
- Hardware: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Case/Gig Bag: Includes G6242L Deluxe Hardshell Case