RainSong Black Ice Series BI-WS1000N2 WS Full Body Cutaway Acoustic Electric (055)
Questions? >210-384-4303 or Email
The Black Ice Series embodies Artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone.
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller (www.stevemillerband.com) and Master Luthier John Bolin (www.bolinguitars.com). The neck design is based on a modified "U" profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
- Soundboard: All-graphite "Black Ice" soundboard crafted using RainSong'sProjection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish: UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 15.8 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T