Diamond BEQ1 Boost EQ Clean Booster with EQ
Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!!
The Boost-EQ is a low-noise discrete transistor based clean boost with an innovative EQ section.
The EQ borrows the powerful tilt equalization control from the Diamond Compressor and adds a new midrange cut/boost control for simple yet powerful tone shaping with just two knobs. Use the tilt to subtly brighten or darken your tone, then use the mids control to add more solo bite. Even dial in humbucker tones from single coil pickups!
The up to 16dB signal boost (about a 6.5 time increase in a guitars output voltage swing) can push most tube amp input stages well into overdrive territory - but with a wider frequency range and more responsive feel than standard diode clipping overdrive pedals. The boost-EQ's simple goal is to enhance the natural drive character of a guitar amp's tubes - anywhere from a light clean solo boost with 2-4 dB of gain, to heavier tube breakup with higher level boost.
- Premium audio components, including 2% polypropylene capacitors,1% metal film resistors and a pro audio grade opamp (our signal path opamp alone costs 8 to 10 times what the industry norm uses).
- Post-boost 'tilt' EQ provides a very musical tailoring of frequency response - seamlessly transition from a darker jazz voicing to a brighter jangle, with flat frequency response at the center detent position.
- Midrange cut/boost EQ placed at the fulcrum of the tilt EQ for a unique parametric EQ response
- Dual AC capacitive coupling paths for improved
- True bypass signal path.
- Battery or standard negative tip 9V DC
adapter operation, can be powered from
9 to 18 V negative tip.