Diamond CPR1 Compressor Optical Compressor
Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!!
Recording studios often use rackmount 'vocal channels'
- a mic preamp, compressor, and EQ all in one unit as a front end for vocal recording.
The Diamond Compressor is our take on a 'guitar channel'
- a dynamics and tone shaping tool for live and studio use - with low-noise, ultra-linear
signal buffering, smooth opto-based compression, and a versatile 'tilt' EQ that musically
shifts overall frequency balance.
All in a user-friendly 3-control package - just Comp, EQ and Volume.
Click here for a sample MP3 clip of the Diamond Compressor with EQ on. The guitar used is a Fender American Standard Strat (2nd Pos), into the compressor, and out to a Fender Vibro-King. The sample starts with no effect and then switches to an effect.
- Vactrol opto-isolator variable resistance path as used in
high-end studio compressors for smooth attack and decay
characteristics while preserving initial signal transients.
- Premium audio components, including 2% polypropylene
capacitors,1% metal film resistors and a pro audio grade
opamp (our signal path opamp alone costs 8 to 10 times
what the industry norm uses).
- Post-compressor 'tilt' EQ provides a very musical
tailoring of frequency response - seamlessly transition
from a darker jazz voicing to a brighter jangle,
with flat frequency response at the center detent position.
- Double filtering stage in side chain to eliminate
low frequency modulation while preserving fast
- Dual AC capacitive coupling paths for improved
- Bi-color LED provides visual indication of depth
- True bypass signal path.
- Battery or standard negative tip 9V DC
adapter operation, can be powered from
9 to 24 V negative tip.