Diamond CTP1 Counter Point Multi-Tap Ambient Delay
Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!!
DIAMOND CTP1 COUNTER POINT
The Counter Point is a unique delay pedal – using carefully constructed sets of multiple delay signal ‘taps’ and variable sample rate modulation, it offers four different delay modes with richly ethereal tones flexible enough to support a wide variety of musical styles.
By utilizing the same variable sample rate concept used in analog bucket brigade modulation, and adding custom analog anti-aliasing and reconstruction filters and companding, we’ve captured the essence of analog modulation and delays… in a small footprint, with advanced control features, and standard 9V powering.
The Counter Point’s digital sampling engine’s sole function is to copy, delay, and reproduce the delay path signal with little or no mathematical manipulation at all* – and unlike standard analog/ digital conversion codecs used in the vast majority of digital audio gear, there are no digital anti-aliasing and reconstruction filters used here. This proven delay architecture delivers richly dynamic tone to thousands of Memory Lane Jr and Quantum Leap’s already in use today. All signal paths around this sampling engine are analog (the direct path, feedback path, and everything before and after the digital sampler), signal paths that are carefully designed to provide a unique sonic signature that is unmistakably Diamond.
Download the user manual here.
• multi-tap delay with four unique operational modes
• seamless knob or tap tempo delay time setting
• intelligent mode memory remembers whether you had last used the knob or tap delay setting when you toggle back to that mode
• user selectable tap delay ‘hold down’ mode to toggle modulation on/off in each mode
• adjustable modulation depth on delays, with modulation speed changing with delay time in the ‘Extra Faux Tape’ EFT mode
• analog signal paths surrounding a simple sample-delay-playout engine with special design variable sample rate A/D and D/A convertors
• user selectable True Bypass or Buffered with Delay Trails operation
• premium audio components, including Panasonic capacitors and 0.5% resistors
• bi-color LEDs provides visual indication of modes, LFO and delay times
• TapView (TM) allows the player to visually see the tap tempo speed on the ON/OFF LED while tapping
• AutoDouble (TM) tap algorithm in the Vintage mode intelligently sets the delay rate twice as fast when tapping rates slower than the max delay time of 600 ms
• standard 9V negative tip adapter ready, with ‘gig backup’ battery power life of 2 hours
• compact Hammond 1590BB cast aluminum case (approx 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.2 inches)